Hello everyone. ok…I love christmas. I wanted to decorate the house and for little to no money. My hubby was kind enough to show me and our oldest son how to make snowflakes. I had a step by step picture I hope I can describe for you as to how to make them. They are so easy but kind of time consuming. I did have about 15 different snowflakes to show you but our daughter was kind enough to rip them up…oh well.
- Get a regular piece of typing paper.
- Fold it in such a way that it goes over itself, meets on one side, and makes a point.
- Fold it over again to make a triangle. You will have some excess on the bottom.
- Now cut that excess off.
- Fold one of the bottom points over so it meets in the middle. The top point should still be at a point. The bottom point should be hanging over, so to speak.
- Do the same with the other bottom point.
- Now flip it over…and where you see the paper edge…cut the excess bottom points off.
- Now you are left with an even smaller, yet thicker, triangle.
- Now start cutting….you can cut any design you want….experiment. I just took a picture of the one I made.
- Now you can unfold it and TADA….you have a magical snowflake.
- I included pictures of the snowflakes that survived my daughter’s hands.
This is such a great idea. I think I may actually make it a tradition…now if I can only keep them away from my little kids. Well, at least she didn’t eat them. Now go and see what else is working for people. Happy Hunting!